Sunday, June 27, 2004

 

Deck Project

It is done!

It took:

* Thirteen 6+hour days
* 10 gallons of stain
* My favorite shirt
* 8 brushes
* 1 pair of shorts
* 1 pair of socks
* 1 bottle of sunscreen
* 1 Dallas Cowboy hat
* 1 kitchen sponge (that I used to scour my body to rid it of stain)
* 2 paint containers
* 2 favors (one owned to my mother-in-law and one to my brother-in-law)
* 1 roll of 2 1/2 in masking tape
* 1 pair of Nike sandals

I confirmed many things about myself doing this project. I am terribly optimistic. I honestly though it would take 1 week to complete this project. Way off. I also learned that I work well when full of rage. Example, when I finished the spindles (4 days where I had to call my mother and brother-in-law to help), Sarah told me it needed a second coat. The wave of rage was almost overwhelming but I internalized it and focused it on the second coat, which, by the way, looks great. I discovered I hate radio. I am convinced 97.1 and 92.5 play the same songs over and over. Is there one person who calls both stations to request the same songs? Could this be some kind of sick Radio terrorism? I honestly think that I am on to something. I also found painting, like watching TV and playing Civilization on the computer, is a poor man's time machine. I found myself staring at my watch in disbelief that so much time had passed.

Comments:
better than kicking the crap out of your wife's very nice and favorite suitcase that was a gift to her when she was 14.
 
I need spell check!
 
Kate, I want to hear more about that suitcase. What made Tim so full of rage?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?