Thursday, September 23, 2004

 

Funny Bone

After listening to Kinky Friedman for the last 5 days straight, I started thinking about other songs that make me laugh. Here are but a few:

-1- If Jessie Don’t Like It Then It’s Probably Not Art (Loudon Wainwright III)

Favorite Line: "If Jessie Don’t Like It Then It’s Probably Not Art, old Jessie is good old Jessie is smart."

-2- I Spent My Last $10 (on Birth Control and Beer) (Two Nice Girls)

Favorite Line: "I Spent My Last $10 on Birth Control and Beer. Life was so much simpler when I was sober and queer."

-3- Merry Christmas From the Family (Robert Earl Keen Jr.)

Favorite Line: "Mom got drunk and Dad got drunk at our Christmas party. We were drinking champagne punch and homemade egg nog."

-4- I hate liver! Liver makes me quiver! Liver makes me curl right up and die (it makes me cry)! (David Rasche and Jim Stahl)

Favorite Line: "Lounging like a whore on a pillar of fat."

Comments:
Patrick, didn't you send me "Wonderboy" and "Tribute" by Jack Black! Those were some of my favorites.

Favorite Lines from "Wonderboy": "What powers you ask? I dunno how 'bout the power of flight? That do anything for ya? That's levitation, holmes. How 'bout the power to kill a yak from 200 yards away... with mind bullets! That's telekinesis, Kyle."

Favorite Lines From "Tribute": "This is not The Greatest Song in the World, no. This is just a tribute.
Couldn't remember The Greatest Song in the World, no, no."
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?