Wednesday, March 19, 2008

 

Year End Letter

Here is the letter I wrote to the boy’s swim team:

Boys

I was given a complement the other day from a swimming parent. They thanked me for being their son’s coach and said they could tell I was dedicated and passionate about swimming. This complement touched me because I am devoted to swimming and coaching. I was moved by that acknowledgement. And, as I thought about it some more, I came to the realization that our entire coaching staff is enthusiastically devoted to you and this sport. How great is that?

Where does this commitment come from? It comes from a group of athletes who have made similar commitments. It comes from a group of athletes that, throughout the season, have shown that working hard to accomplish a goal is a privilege. It comes from a group of athletes that know our team is more than a sum of its parts.

As this season progressed, so did your ability as swimmers and divers. If you stay active you will continue to improve. The beginning of the high school season is nine months away. Some of you will continue to swim and start next season faster than you are now.

In closing, I would like to thank you for giving me something to be passionate about. You have helped make this tremendously successful season possible.

Coach C

What I tried to convey to the boys was that my dedication and passion stems from what they have given to the team.
Comments:
Keep up the good work.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?