Saturday, April 26, 2008

 

Minnesota Winter, Damn It

It is snowing this morning. It is the end of April and it is snowing this morning. Minnesota is like that. Winter is cold but it is how it lingers that makes living here hard for me. I always tell people that ask me about how a Texan handles the Minnesota winters that I have no trouble acclimating because the Texas heat is as debilitating at the Minnesota winters.

This is a lie.

Texas heat hurts. The sun pounds on your back relentlessly forcing you to find shade. But it is the shade that helps you make it through. The shade provides relief, a respite to regroup and face the sun when you are ready. Minnesota is different. Minnesota teases us with just enough good weather to make us feel like we have survived winter for one more year. Then comes a day like this. Snow, wind, cold.

Looking outside I feel cold to the core.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?