Friday, April 25, 2008

 

Triathlon Training

I went for a run yesterday with two people I work with. I have just started training for the Turtleman Triathlon and I am having trouble motivating myself to train. I have been reaching for motivation through others.

Tina is training for the Wisconsin Ironman. The big one. The one that has you swim 2.4 miles, bike 112 miles and run a marathon. Crazy. My runs with her, that I have named Tina Tuesdays, are inspirational to me because I feel as if I could do what she is doing. That is completely unrealistic because I find myself drained after 30 minutes of running and she is not even breaking a sweat.

On Thursday I went running with Tina and another person I work with. Zach is much younger than me but is terribly out of shape. He has three young children and has no time to think about staying in shape. We went for a run around Colby Lake, about 2.5 miles. It was raining but fun. It is fun to run with others, time seem to pass quickly and I usually work harder that if I was just running alone.

Not this time.

Zach needed a much slower pace than I was use to. I still enjoyed the run. In fact, I was inspired that I was in better shape than Zach.

So inspired that I missed swimming this morning.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?