Monday, January 12, 2009

 

New Years Resolution #2

I have added another New Years Resolution.

I was listening to a podcast about Buddhism and the value of gratitude. I want to be happier, more at peace with myself and others. To do this I need to be more aware of the things around me that I am grateful for.

Therefore:

Goal: To list three things I am grateful for each week.

Details: I am going to record each week, on this blog, three things that I am grateful for. I plan on sharing these with my friend Marty at work. When thoughts of these things enter my mind I want to label them "Grateful".

Evaluation: Will monthly record thought about how my New Years Resolution is going.

Week One:
1- I am grateful to be married to Sarah.
2- I am grateful for the health of our children.
3- I am grateful for my health.
Comments:
I'm grateful for those things too. This was great to read. Good Goals. Oh, I just read that being grateful can actually change your brain chemistry for the better.
 
I need all the brain changing chemistry I can get.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?