Sunday, February 01, 2009

 

January Retrospective

It has been insightful to monitor my TV and reading habits. I am learning where a lot of my time goes.

I have the habit of watching long blocks of TV (3 to 4.5 hours) of absolutely nothing. Literally, I will switch channels for 4 straight hours.

During the last time I did this I asked myself what was my intention for watching TV, what was I looking for. I think I was looking for comfort by means of escape. I found myself thinking about JD of Scrubs rather than what I needed to accomplish.

Next time I find myself watching TV for comfort, I am going to first make a list of things I need to get done.

I have been enjoying reading again. It has been a long time since I had read at night. This is helping me relax and sleep. I have also found myself reading when I wake up. This is a nice time for me to get ready for the day.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?