Friday, July 24, 2009

 

Ants Marching

I am a man of lists. I like a good long list to systematically check off. I like grocery shopping for this reason.

When I do not have a list I create them. About three years ago my computer crashed and I have to work so magic to get everything restored. Actually my brother-in-law Matt did this thing. When my new computer was up and running, I noticed that my iTunes showed all my music as having never been listened to. Play count of 0. I vowed to listen to every song in my music catalog.

Three years later, yesterday, I accomplished my goal. I crossed off the last song in my list. When Dave Matthews finished singing the 7 minute live version of "Ants Marching" I had done it. 6952 songs, 18 days:19 hours:45 minutes:58 seconds of music all have been listed to.
Comments:
Brother you are insane but I love you. How about some thoughts on it? Was there like 10 songs that your forgot how much you liked? Any songs you lost the taste for?
 
Actually there is one thing I'm slightly surprised about. Instead of taking three years I would have though you'd finish in like 18 days: 19 hours:45 minutes:58 seconds + a 3 hour nap or something.
 
and maybe some CRAP!!! tv time?
 
I deleted several albums. Whitney Houston, Diana Ross, lots of kids stuff.

I also found some good stuff. Old Pearl Jam, Steve Wonder, and Guns and Roses.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?