Wednesday, July 01, 2009

 

Phoenix: Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

Charlie said: Here is all I know about this group. They are from France, this is their fourth CD, and it is getting a lot of play on the radio. I have heard the opening song, Lisztomania at least three times on the Current.

I listened to this CD first while running at the Ravine Park and would highly suggest this. This CD has some great running songs; Lisztomania, 1901, and Lasso to name three. I also enjoyed the rest of the tracks. Love Like a Sunset, Pt. 1 and Pt. 2 is great interlude that got me ready to listen to the rest of the CD. I especially enjoyed Lasso, a song got me up a very steep climb with a smile.

At times during this CD I was reminded of Ben Kweller. All in all, this was a light, carefree, good-natured listen. On the Tina/Charlie promote it, lend it, or deny it scale I would give it a promote it, with a smile.

Tina said: I purchased this Album because I spotted it in the $7.99 section at Target. Before purchasing this album, I knew nothing about Phoenix or their recent album Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix. While I do not have much information on this band or album, I do know one thing; I like it. Phoenix is fresh, light, and has an interesting mix of what I would call techno-alternative melodies. I especially hear this in Love Like a Sunset Part I. As I listened to this album numerous times I noticed each of the song builds, and I found myself rocking out in the kitchen while cooking.

Charlie, I however do not hear Ben Kweller (well maybe the lead singers voice sounds similar). However, I do hear the Killers and LCD Sound System, and maybe a hint of the Decemberists.

Phoenix’s Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix is a great summer album. It is light, fresh and it makes me feel like I’m driving in a convertible around the beach on a hot summer day. On the Charlie/Tina promote it, lend it, deny it scale; I give this album a strong promote it.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?