Saturday, August 29, 2009

 

Modest Mouse: No One's First, And You're Next

Charlie said: I was watching TV one random night when I flipped on David Letterman. He was introducing the musical guest Modest Mouse. Being a fan I listened to their new song “Satellite Skin”. Awesome!!!

What I love about MM is their harsh nasty sound. At times it seems as if they are playing instruments that are out of tune. I love their passionate angst ridden lyrics and energy. “No One’s First, And You’re Next” is missing that energy. Most of the songs on this album lack the energy and ugliness of what, for me, makes MM so much fun to listen to.

I am torn, the standout tunes on this album are so good I do not know how to rate the album as a whole. Satellite Skin and King Rat are spectacular; the rest of the album seems, not so spectacular. For that reason I am going to give "No One's First, And You're Next" a conflicted Lend It on the Tina/Charlie Promote It, Lend It, Deny It scale.

Tina said:


Comments:
Wow. I did not like either song that much but you have to watch the video 'King Rat'. That is intense. I thought your description of the music was accurate I just don't agree with the part about liking it.
 
P
I just watched the UTube. Man, very intense.
Charlie
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?