Monday, August 17, 2009

 

Zen and Now: On the Trail of Robert Pirsig and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

by Michael Richardson

Mark Richardson retraces Robert Pirsig historic trek in "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" to discover for himself the meaning of life.

I read "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" about five years ago and was mesmerized by the idea of Quality and how it pertains to life. I was also confused by the characters and their relationships. This book explained to me the relationships but left out most of the Philosophy which is the weakness of this book.
Comments:
I will comment on your every post. This I guarantee. You now have something to put on your list, thankful for 'diligent commenters'.

comment:
I'm not going to read it but I always find the phrase 'Zen and Now' as painful. I don't like these substitute word phrases in general but this one is particularly grating.
 
I have always been a huge Patrick fan even more not that you have been so supportive. You have helped me greatly keep to my blog.

The book was at times equally as cheese as the title. It did explain many aspects of "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" to me. Next summer I may tackle that book again.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?