Sunday, November 15, 2009

 

Where the Wild Things Are: Karen O

Charlie said: This was an important book for me growing up. I often found myself banished in my room feeling as if the animals inside of me where ready to rip me apart. As I grew up, the book reminded me of that time and how I was always welcomed back home. It is a children’s book that is unique, appealing to the wild kid in us as well as to the adult who has dinner waiting.

This album recognizes this and tries to be more than just a children’s album. Karen O from the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs was recruited to do the music. She makes what is unmistakably a children’s album with songs like All is Love, Rumpus, and Heads Up. Yet the album still has something for the adults like Worried Shoes and Capsize.

I like this album. I have made a copy for my son Michael who listens to at night. I even listen to a few of songs on my runs. On the Tina/Charlie Promote It, Lend It, Deny It scale, Michael and I “roared (our) terrible roars and gnashed (our) terrible teeth and rolled (our) terrible eyes and showed (our) terrible claws” as we give this a Promote It.
Comments:
Did you guys see the movie?
 
Not yet but I hope to soon.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?