Sunday, December 27, 2009

 

New Years Resolutions 2010

When I look back on my 2009 new years resolutions, I realize how much they gave me. I found Mma. Ramotswi, John Steinbeck, and how much I dislike Thomas Friedman.

One of my resolutions from last year was not accomplished. I stopped listing what I was grateful for. It became a chore which was not the intention.

For 2010 my goals are as follows:

1- Watch TV with a purpose. Only turn the television on with a program in mind and only watch that program. For me this will basically get rid of the CRAP from last year.

2- Run three days a week. I am going to sign up for a half marathon and in order to prepare I intend on running three days a week. Not long or hard but consistently.

3- With my mother, read all the books on the Modern Library Top 100 Novels list (according to my calculations this could take 15 years). Elizabeth and I have picked five books we are going to read this year: Ulysses by James Joyce, The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck, To The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf, The Death Of The Heart by Elizabeth Bowen, and Midnights Children by Salman Rushdie. We also planning on rating twelve books we have already read from the list. I am planning on compiling our reviews and posting the list at the end of the year.

Bring on 2010!!!
Comments:
Great resolutions!
 
P

You are welcome to enter the Reading Club if you wish.

No? I thought so. Dad and Sarah both opted out.
 
Brother you know me well. No way no how and I reading great books.

I do like it that you and mom are. I wish you would read them at the same time and stagger the reviews out over the year but it wouldn't be easy with mom.

Not surprised it was a great trip. Want to hear all about it.
 
I noticed all my messages from this site go to my SPAM account. I will start checking that account from now on.
 
Charlie, it is great fun to read the comments on Good Reads about Ulysses = it looks like "a lot men tried and a lot men died" or didn't finish. Bring it on, Mr. Joyce.
 
I am actually starting to get excited. I am frantically trying to finish some last minute reading (I just finished my Math book) to prepare. I talked with Andrew Smith who also seem interested in reading Ulysses.
 
I am on board reading Ulysses. I will try to read all the Great Books with Charlie and Elizabeth.

There are a lot of books that I intend to read but keep putting off. Working with a group is good motivation.
 
Excellent!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?