Wednesday, January 27, 2010

 

My Own Odyssey: Ulysses (Oxen of the Sun) part 2

I am currently on page 434.

The last 24 pages of this section were the most chaotic, incomprehensible, gibberish I have every tried to read.  Please tell me what the hell is going on in this section:
Golly, whatten tunket's yon guy in the mackintosh? Dusty Rhodes. Peep at his wearables. By mighty! What's he got? Jubilee mutton. Bovril, by James. Wants it real bad. D'ye ken bare socks? Seedy cuss in the Richmond? Rawthere! Thought he had a deposit of lead in his penis. Trumpery insanity. Bartle the Bread we calls him. That, sir, was once a prosperous cit. Man all tattered and torn that married a maiden all forlorn. Slung her hook, she did. Here see lost love. Walking Mackintosh of lonely canyon. Tuck and turn in. Schedule time. Nix for the hornies. Pardon? Seen him today at a runefal? Chum o' yourn passed in his checks? Ludamassy! Pore piccaninnies! Thou'll no be telling me thot, Pold veg! Did ums blubble bigsplash crytears cos fren Padney was took off in black bag?
Can you make out what is going on?  Not I, not I.

The last 36 pages took me a week to finish.  I feel like I am in the doldrums with this book.  I need to catch a wind soon.
Comments:
Hang in there! You can do it! Especially after what you have already slogged through.
 
Thanks Dad, I needed that!
 
Best.
Book.
Ever!!
 
Caught in the doldrums - Joyce would approve of that image........
 
I start on your favorite section - tonight.
 
Oh, that is the meaning of that last section. Thanks Pat.
 
Lucky you mom!
 
I'm scared to start the next section. I've taken 3 days off.
 
You got to start it to finish it. You can do it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?