Thursday, January 07, 2010

 

My Own Odyssey: Ulysses (The Lotus Eaters/Aeolus)

I am now on page 150.

Bloom has read a letter from his mistress (?), bought some soap for her, taken a bath, gone to a funeral and gone to work. I got confused about who was in the carriage with him. I thought it was Stephen Dedalus but now I think it was his relative (?).

I was very confused about what was happening at the newspaper office. Too many references for me and what were the titles every few paragraphs? Stephen Dedalus did show up to drop off the article from his boss.
Comments:
This was confusing to me too. It was Stephen's father and some other men. We found out that Bloom's father committed suicide. They are on their way to a funeral. It gets better.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?