Monday, April 19, 2010

 

The Road

by Cormac McCarthy

If you have not read this book stop now, I do not want to affect how the end of this book will affect you.


As I started to read "The Road" I was humbled by the world Cormac McCarthy created; bleak, raw, unforgiving, and gray. The hunger and heartless punishing world that the boy and father lived in seemed almost too much to take, yet they survived.

And as they continued their journey, I stopped seeing the outside and began to see what was on the inside of these two people. The story became a journey of any father and any son. Fathers taking care of a child, protecting them from the “bad guys” and helping them carry the light.

Even when they reached the coast to find nothing, I was pleased that the father delivered the child. He did his job and when he died he left a boy who had to find the “good guys” on his own. Which is exactly what all fathers hope to do, let there sons find their own way.
Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
That's just too weird. I just watched the movie with Vigo Mortensen not a month ago. I thought the movie was good, not great. Actually the acing was great but it seems like the plot was not very well put together. Told myself I should read the book as I read that it was a lot better and had details that they just could not fit in the movie. Now I know I need to get it somehow.
Cheers,
PS: We went with $2 by the way. Say hi to Sarah and your boys for me,
 
$2 was a good choice. Which tooth?

I am interested in the movie. I'll give it a try soon.

Good to hear from you Tahiry!
 
Enjoyed talking to you brother. So glad I have never read "The Road". Impressed that you were able to extract some light from that story -- wow.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?