Thursday, May 20, 2010

 

Be the Pack Leader

by Cesar Millan


I do not own a dog or have any desire to own one. I know that my brother loves dogs and very much enjoys Cesar Millan on "Dog Whisperer" so I thought I would take a stab reading this book.


I liked how Cesar discussed the role philosophy and introspection play with being a dog owner; dogs live in the moment where as people do not, how calm assertive energy is passed between dog and owner soundlessly.


Cesar is not a particularly interesting writer and this book did seem very redundant but I did enjoy it.
Comments:
There is my big bro!! Not sure you can mention Cesar honestly without saying that he's not an interesting writer. He is the man no doubt about it but his talents are elsewhere. Glad you liked it.
 
I will pick up Cesar's Way soon. Just got started with The Black Swan and I love it!
 
Don't feel like you have to read all Cesar's Way, but do read about his life getting to the US. Loved that. Dog stuff is repetitive even from "Be the pack leader."
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?