Wednesday, August 11, 2010

 

Andrew's Tarn

Sarah and I left early to avoid the crush of people at the park and to get our hike in before the rains hit.  We were at the the trail head by eight at exactly the same time as the other thousand hikers who where hoping to beat the crush of people.

The first three miles got us to the beautiful Loch Lake.  I was reminded of the last time I hiked to The Loch with my dad.  We fished for greenback cutthroat trout.   It was an amazing experience and being at the Loch again was great.  I saw several large trout and wished I had my fly rod. 




From the Loch the trail headed up, way up.  The trail got very difficult.  At one point we just hiked for about thirty minutes using our hands.  We came across a couple heading down.  After talking with them for awhile I found out they had started two hours before us.  My mental outlook dropped significantly.

I started to think about how much further we had to go which is not good.  I tried to focus on my breathe which helped but I could not quite my mind.  I still found myself focusing on how far we had come again not very productive.  The only way I found to make it up to the top of the hike was to focus on how beautiful the world around me was.  It was truly amazing to views.

When we got the to the top, Andrew's Tarn was an amazing powder blue lake.  It almost looked like it glowed.  Andrew's Glacier was a short walk and let us throw snow balls at each other in August.

The weather was cold, the wind blew steady and after all the sweating I had done, I was shivering.  We huddled behind a rock and ate a Cliff Bar each.  Sarah noticed the clouds which were becoming threatening and we headed home.

The hike back was fast and easy.


We got home in time to shower and then picked up the kids from camp.  Village Pizza was the new destination and after eating my fill and drinking a few beers we headed home to bed.  Sore but happy.
Comments:
Sounds like quite a hike! Glad there was pizza and beer at the end.
 
On the way back my mind was focused very much on the future, especially the beer.
 
That's one cool thing about my new job. There are some really beer guys here, I mean they know beer. There are all kinds of crazy beers out there.
 
Are you just trying to get me visit you again?
 
LOL!! You know me well.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?