Tuesday, August 10, 2010

 

Cub Lake

The boys loved camp.  Picking them up filled the car with a cacophony of sound as they all spoke at once.  They were not yelling or even upset that it was impossible to understand what anyone was saying, they were just talking to share.  Hikes, horseback rides, climbing wall, games, new friends...

A brief interlude about mornings for me in Colorado.  I have been getting up between 6am and 6:30am and have a few minutes to sit with my dad who always brings me coffee.  We talk about what we are reading or the day and spend a few minutes reading.  It is very relaxing and gets me ready for the day.

The planned activity for the day is an adult hike to Cub Lake.  This hike started in the Rocky Mountain National Park and passed by three beaver ponds.  Along the way we saw Trout, Elk, and  two Marmots.  The final destination was a lake filled with water lilies.  Other than the aggressive ducks, lunch was serene. 

It was an excellent hike during the best part of the day.  We arrived back at the car just as the afternoon rains came.

Dinner was enchiladas.  Excellent.

The crew then when to see Cowboy Brad who sang John Denver tunes and requests.  He we very good playing, I am embarrassed to say, some of my favorite songs (Rocky Mountain High, Annie's Song, etc.).  John Denver was better than I give him credit for.  Cowboy Brad also played Ghost Rider as requested by Nate.

Again, sleep came easily.
Comments:
These commentaries are well written, fun and enlightening; thanks. I got to see some pics from dad and on Mom's facebook. It really is gorgeous.
 
Thanks bro. We had a ball!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?