Saturday, August 07, 2010

 

Jeremiah

Our vacation really started several weeks before we left for Colorado.  The boys started to associate all situations to Estes Park like, "I can start reading that in Colorado", and "I'm going to wear that sweatshirt at camp".

After arriving in Denver, we rented a car and drove two hours to Estes Park.  The drive snakes through the Rockies delivering beautiful vistas.  I am always amazed and surprised seeing mountains again.  Next to the mountains, all my worries and cares shrink to nothing.

I took the kids on a small hike around our cabin Jeremiah after we arrived.  The altitude affected all of us as we huffed up the side of a small rise.  It could not have been a better introduction, we saw three deer, found an arrow, and discovered prints that I am convinced were a bear.  The deer were eating the grass as we passed, at times as close as twenty feet.  At one point, a deer looked up at Anthony one ear pointing at me and the other ear pointing at Nate.

Dad made a beautiful homemade apple pie.  We each had a piece except me, I had two.
Jeremiah was to be our home for the next seven days.
Comments:
Fun to hear about the trip. Glad that you were able to let all your worries go.
 
At least for a moment.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?