Sunday, September 19, 2010

 

Fifteen in Fifteen

I posted this same list on Facebook but I thought I would do it again here.  I made my list on paper without spending much time thinking.  It was harder that I thought.  If you would like to participate, post your list in the comments.

This is in no particular order:

Violent Femmes: Violent Femmes
REM: Murmur
Bruce Springsteen: The River
The Sex Pistols: Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols
LCD Soundsystem: LCD Soundsystem
Wilco: Being There
Tom Petty: Long After Dark
Bruce Springsteen: Born to Run
Lucinda Williams: Car Wheels on a Gravel Road
Beasty Boys: Licence to Ill
Bob Marley: Legend
The Who: Who's Next
The Beatles: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Simon and Garfunkel: Greatest Hits
AC/DC: Back in Black

It will be fun to add to this list (or subtract) as I am reminded of other great music.
Comments:
I tried to exclude greatest hits records, but I guess that would violate the "don't think too hard" rule. I tried to mine different eras of my life, but I think my list was heavily weighted with records from swim team parties!
 
I was amazed how hard it was for me to even come up with 15 albums. I really liked your list, especially Repo Man and the B-52's.
 
Led Zeppelin: Physical Graffiti
Van Morrison: Moon Dance
Beatles: Abbey Road
Soundgarden: Super Unkown
Parliament: Mothership Connection
Beach Boys: Pet Sounds
Doobie Brothers: Minute By Minute
Bob Dylan: Blonde on Blonde
Allman Brothers: Eat a Peach
Clash: London Calling
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magik
Fleetwood Mac: Rumors
Marvin Gaye: What’s Going On
Queen: The Game (has some clunkers for sure)
Neil Young: After the Gold Rush
 
Excellent list Andrew.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?