Tuesday, December 07, 2010

 

Next Years Books

My mother and I picked five books to read together this year.  They were:   Ulysses by James Joyce, The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck, To The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf, The Death Of The Heart by Elizabeth Bowen, and Midnights Children by Salman Rushdie.  I have read them all but Midnight's Children which I should finish that by the end of this month. 

Over Thanksgiving we agreed upon five new books to read next year:  Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce, I, Claudius by Robert Graves, Deliverance by James Dickey, House of Mirth by Edith Wharton, and The Heart of the Matter by Graham Greene. 

It was fitting that we picked these books over the Thanksgiving holiday because I am so thankful that my mother will read these books with me.  She is so smart and insightful that when reading these difficult books, I am able to understand and interpret much of what is going on in the books.
Comments:
You are a good son.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?