Sunday, June 26, 2011

 

Deliverance

by James Dickey

I am surprised that this is considered one of the top one hundred novels by Random House. Since my mother and I have taken on the challenge of reading every book on the list, I have be introduced to some amazing books. Without this mission I probably never would have read anything by John Steinbeck other than what was forced upon me in high school, and I know Salman Rushdie's beautiful story telling would have remained unknown to me. Why then was Deliverance put on this list?

We all know the story; four white suburbanites take on the unknown. Each face life changing challenges to different results and it is the challenges and the way each man emerges (or does not) drives this story. The most satisfying being the narrator's who must scale a cliff and is rewarded with the most spectacular view he had ever witnessed.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?