Saturday, October 29, 2011

 

Presidential Candidate

I had a heated debate the other day at work.  My friend is a staunch republican who supports candidates that I have not interest in.  We got no where in our debate so I asked him what he wanted in a presidential candidate.  He had an answer and I did not.

So...

Below is a list of what I feel is important in a candidate.  I reserve the right to add or subtract from it.


1- Our country was founded on compromise; therefore, the candidate I support must be willing to listen to all sides of issues and find solutions that move in more than one direction.

2- America is best when we are creating new innovative cutting edge products. This takes an educated population that can express their creativity. My Presidential candidate must support public education for all.

3- I would like my candidate to be financially responsible. We can not continue to spend without having the money to fund. There needs to be a tax system that requires sacrifice from all economic levels. The rich and corporations must pay their share.

4- I believe our government must protect all its citizens. My candidate must not be bias against any one group of people regardless of religion, race, socioeconomic, or sexual orientation.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?