Monday, September 03, 2012

 

Mid Year Review (a little late)

I think it is about time that I revisit my new year's resolution to see how things are going. 

My first New Year's Resolution was to read 30 minutes a day.  The ideas was that this would help me get more sleep.  I am finding this hard to monitor.  I don't know how I am doing other than to say that I am not getting any more sleep.  For next year, I need to have a better way to record.  Should I scrap the reading and start averaging 7.5 hours of sleep a night?  Maybe.

My next Resolution was to read five books on Random House Top 100 novels that my mother and I selected.  I am happy to report progress.  I have read Under the Net by Iris Murdock (loved it!), Scoop by Evelyn Waugh (again, fantastic), and The Secret Agent by Joseph Conrad (exceedingly difficult).  I have about four month the finish our final two selections; Henderson the Rain King by Saul Bellow, and Appointment in Samarra by John O'Hara.  I don't think this is going to be a problem.

My finger nails have never been shorter which means that my desire to keep my fingers out of my mouth is failing.  Let's go Cauthorn!

I am most proud of my final resolution;  to average 10,000 steps a day.  As of yesterday (September 2nd) I have taken 163,460 over my average.  This gives me a huge cushion for the last four months of the year.  I got this no problem.
Comments:
An honest self-review and even though there is always room for improvement you have made great progress on your goals!
 
Impressive!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?