Saturday, December 29, 2012

 

2013 New Years Resolutions!!!

I believe in New Years Resolutions, they help me strive to be better.  Thinking about what new resolutions I want to set for the coming year is fun. 

      For the record, these are my resolutions:
   
      1- Run 500 miles.  This may kill me and will require many things that are not directly in my control.  I will need to have good health and avoid injures.  I think I will also need a lot of luck.  To record my progress, I am going to use Nike+.  I have a GPS watch that will recored all my runs.  Also, I will also write about my experience on this blog.

      2- Read five books on Random House's list of the 100 Greatest Novels.  My mother an I pick the books and use Goodreads to write reviews about our thoughts.  This resolution may not directly affect my health, but it does force me to read getting me to bed earlier.  Our books this year are:  Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut, Pale Fire by Vladimir Nabokov, A House for Mr. Biswas by V.S. Naipaul, A High Wind in Jamaica by Richard Hughes, and Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. 

      3- Better oral hygiene.  It may sound sick that I don’t already have great oral hygiene but I don’t.  I am going to brush my teeth in the morning when I get up and before I go to sleep at night.  This resolution will also include flossing once per day.

      4- No sugar after 10 PM.  This is the time of day that I eat the worse.  Because of my work schedule, I often find myself "relaxing" after 10 PM and grabbing something sweet.  Not this year!

      I am expecting a great 2013!!!

Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
I heard a great discussion on NPR about resolutions from some research. These things worked: Telling someone your resolutions.
Not making them grandiose.
When you fall off the wagon, just start again.
Keep track - charts etc.
and one other I can"t remember.
Sounds like you are off to a good start.
 
Could it be reward yourself?
Thanks mom.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?