Thursday, December 27, 2012

 

New Years Resolutions Revisited


The following is a list of my 2012 resolutions along with a description of the progress and or success of each.  My goal was to focus on fitness and health.

1- Read 30 minutes a day.  I believe this will help me get to bed earlier.  My sleeping habits continue to be an issue.  I did not do a good job reading or going to be earlier.  FAIL!!!

2- Read the following five books on Random House Top 100 novels:  Under the Net by Iris Murdock, Scoop by Evelyn Waugh, The Secret Agent by Joseph Conrad, Henderson the Rain King by Saul Bellow, and Appointment in Samarra by John O'Hara.  My mother and I did a great job reading these books, she has written a review of each which I will do during the next month.  Because that was not part of the resolution, SUCCESS!!!

3- Not to put my fingers in my mouth.  This seems silly but I bite my nails, skin around my nails, and cuticles.  It is sick! I did not succeed by the letter of this resolution but I did change my behavior regarding the bitting of my nails.  I still do it but much less.  My mother even commented on my "Beautiful nails!".  I'll take it.  PUSH!!!

4- Average 10,000 steps a day.  This is going to be difficult.  I rocked this.  As I write this (December 27th) I am over 110,000 steps over my goal.  I worked hard to achieve this goal and I am pleased how I did.  SUCCESS!!!

I am pleased with my 2012 and have been thinking about what I want to accomplish in 2013.  My list will appear soon.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?